Kindergarten screening: JUNE 2, 2021
We are happy to announce that Kindergarten Screening will be held on Wednesday, June 2 for students enrolling for the 2021-2022 school year. All students must be age 5 before August 1, 2021 to be eligible to attend kindergarten.
1) Please choose a screening appointment time here: https://signup.com/go/zqEiQzL
- Each student will meet with one teacher during the half hour timeframe you choose (no stations).
- Tables/chairs will be disinfected between appointments.
- Teachers and staff members will wear masks. All students and visitors must wear masks.
- Only ONE parent may attend the screening appointment with the student.
2) After the teacher meets with your student, you may choose to meet briefly with the school nurse (Mrs. Douthwaite) if you have medical concerns such as: allergies, asthma, diabetes, daily medication, seizures, or any other significant medical issue. You will receive a separate email later this year with information about immunizations and wellness policies.
3) After you sign up for a screening appointment for your student, Mrs. Cotrell will send you a number of forms to complete via email. You may return these forms via US mail to 7208 US Hwy 68 N, West Liberty, OH 43357 or email to Mrs. Cotrell at email@example.com. You may send a picture, a PDF attachment, a scanned copy, or a printed copy of these forms.
Please bring the following items to kindergarten screening to REGISTER YOUR STUDENT:
Proof of Identification
Parent or guardian registering student must provide a photo ID (driver's license) for identification purposes.
This is the Certificate of Live Birth from a County Health Department in the state your child was born. The document issued by the hospital is NOT acceptable.
Social Security Card
If card is lost, a statement from the Social Security Administration with the SSN is acceptable. A copy of your income tax form with the child's SSN is also acceptable if SS card is lost.
A copy of the current immunization record for your child is required. If you do not immunize your child, you must provide reason in writing (dated & signed), OR you may complete a waiver form provided by the school nurse.
Custodial Documents (if applicable)
If parents are divorced/separated, please provide a copy of the most recent custodial documents (must have the court's journal entry date stamp) designating a custodial and residential parent.
Proof of Residency (one of the following)
- utility bill
- rental agreement
- purchase agreement
- builder's contract (home must be completed within 90 days of enrollment at WL-S)
- current payroll stub showing WL-S address and WL-S income tax withheld
If moving to WL-S with family or friends, a Residency Verification form may be completed with the Registrar (with signatures notarized by the Registrar) if none of the above examples can be provided.
OPEN ENROLLMENT FOR KINDERGARTENERS
For families who do not reside in West Liberty-Salem School District, you may apply for Open Enrollment. Once you choose a screening time, Mrs. Cotrell will send you an Open Enrollment Application. Notification of approval or denial will be sent to parents by mail or email prior to July 1.
Also, please be sure to attend Kindergarten Screening in your district of residence since we have a limited number of Open Enrollment spots available each year.